Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of ‘The Future of Energy College’ (including any on-line courses, training material and tutorials) (‘the Service’) within the US and internationally is provided by the Future of Energy College, with Future of Energy College providing the video materials. Materials for courses are copyrighted by John Clarkson.
By using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Service. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following Terms and Conditions, please do not purchase or use our website.
A Use of the Service
1. You agree to use the Service only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Service or any part of it for commercial purposes.
2. You must only use the Service in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Future of Energy College learning materials or videos. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Service.
3. Some of our videos are hosted on Vimeo professionally and embedded into our Future of College WordPress based website. The learning materials are hosted by Thinkific. Please note we are not responsible for any down time that may occur should these services fail.
1. The Future of Energy College reserves the right to make change to these Terms and Conditions from time to time and so you should check these Terms and Conditions regularly. Your continued use of the Service will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the Service.
2. If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on the Service (including community rules) then the latter shall prevail.
C. Registration – if available or applicable
1. To register on this website you must have a valid Paypal, credit, or debit account. We do not prohibit people under 16 using our website, but it is their parents responsibility to monitor children’s activities when utilising our videos. It is your responsibility to make sure your paypal account is secure. We don’t offer refunds for mis-use of any kind of accounts. We do not take cheque or allow the wiring of money to our accounts.
2. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
3. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details in order that we can communicate with you effectively.
4. All user accounts must be registered with a valid email account that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice.
5. You must keep your password and user name confidential and not disclose them or share them with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting us by email.
6. If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the website, we will suspend your account and seek legal action to prevent further misuse.
7. The Future of Energy College reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
8. If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
D. Intellectual property
1. All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on Service and all content (including all applications and materials) located on or available through the Service shall remain vested in The Future of Energy College, Perimetr Films and are copyrighted by John Clarkson the course designer and business owner.
2. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use The Future of Energy College content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any The Future of Energy College content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of The Future of Energy Collegecontent requires the prior written permission of The Future of Energy College.
3. The names, images and logos identifying The Future of Energy College or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of The Future of Energy Collegeand/or third parties. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any license or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of The Future of Energy College or any other third party.
4. We will take immediate legal action against anyone or organisation infringing our copyright.
E. Availability of the Service
1. Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services available at The Future of Energy College will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the Service will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Service you should email us and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
2. Your access to the Service may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the Service as soon as we reasonably can.
3. The Future of Energy College right to suspend or cancel your registration
1. We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
2. You can cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do so, you will not be able to use our video courses.
3. The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the Service shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
F. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
1. ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, NAMES, IMAGES, PICTURES, LOGOS AND ICONS REGARDING OR RELATING TO FUTURE OF ENERGY COLLEGE, ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (OR TO THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES), IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FUTURE OF ENERGY COLLEGE EXCLUDES ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW), INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY AND ACCURACY. FUTURE OF ENERGY COLLEGE DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY ASPECT OF THE SERVICE OR ANY OF ITS CONTENT. WHILE WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT ALL CONTENT PROVIDED BY FUTURE OF ENERGY COLLEGE IS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF PUBLICATION NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ACCEPTED BY OR ON BEHALF OF FUTURE OF ENERGY COLLEGE FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURATE CONTENT ON THE SERVICE.
2. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LIMITS OR EXCLUDES FUTURE OF ENERGY COLLEGE’S LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS PROVEN NEGLIGENCE. SUBJECT TO THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE, NEITHER FUTURE OF ENERGY COLLEGE NOR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING LOSSES OR DAMAGES (WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSSES WERE FORESEEN, FORESEEABLE, KNOWN OR OTHERWISE): (A) LOSS OF DATA; (B) LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS; (C) LOSS OF BUSINESS; (D) LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; (E) LOSS OF GOODWILL OR INJURY TO REPUTATION; (F) LOSSES SUFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES; OR (G) ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION.
3. FUTURE OF ENERGY COLLEGE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR BUGS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO IMPLEMENT SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND VIRUS CHECKS (INCLUDING ANTI-VIRUS AND OTHER SECURITY CHECKS) TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ACCURACY OF DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT.
G. Applicable law
1. These Terms and Conditions will be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
H. International use
1. We make no promise that materials available on or through the Service are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the Service from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Service from locations outside the United States or United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
1. If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
2. You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
3. If you breach these Terms and Conditions and Future of Energy College chooses to ignore this, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms and Conditions.
4. Future of Energy College shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
These terms relate to the paid-for on-line courses supplied to you through the Future of Energy College website and should be read in conjunction with our General Terms & Conditions above which shall also apply save where they are inconsistent with these terms.
- Prices and payment
1. Your order is an offer to purchase Online Course Services from us. The Online Course Service will be made available to you once your payment has been authorized and the course session has started. There will be no contract of any kind between you and us, unless and until you make authorized payment for the Online Course Service. At any point up until then, we may decline to supply the Online Course Service to you without giving any reason.
2. The fee for the Online Course Service is calculated and payable in advance of the course start date as set out on Future of Energy College. The Company shall be under no obligation to provide the Online Course Service until the fee has been paid.
3. Your credit/ debit card details are not handled by Future of Energy College. All payment and all credit card handling is through the third party, PayPal Inc. We do not store any credit card details. Authority for payment must be given at the time of placing your order.
We provide you with instant access to our courses upon completion of payment.
3. Using the Online Course Service
1. Please read the description for the Online Course Service carefully before placing your order as refunds cannot be given (see section 7 below).
2. Future of Energy College warrants that it has the right to provide the Online Course Service and will use all reasonable skill and care in making the Online Course Service available to you and in ensuring its availability. Because of the nature of the internet, errors and omissions do occur and Future of Energy College does not give any other warranties in respect of the Online Course Service.
3. Future of Energy College is continually seeking to improve the Online Course Services. Future of Energy College reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of any Online Course Service provided that it does not materially reduce its content or functionality.
4. In the event that Future of Energy College withdraws or is permanently unable to deliver a particular Online Course Service a partial refund will be given covering the portion of the course that remains undelivered.
4. Posting of content
1. You may wish to post content on our websites. We will not monitor this and will not be held libel for any comments you make.
5. Fair use policy
1. We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of our Online Course Services. If we believe your use of a Online Course Service is taking up excessive bandwidth or your use of a Online Course Service is adversely affecting the provision of the service (or any part of it) to other users, or other users’ enjoyment of the service, we reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage of the Online Course Service. This may include temporarily suspending your user account and/or access to the Online Course Service.
6. No commercial use
1. You may not re-sell or make available to any third party the Online Course Services without the prior written consent of Future of Energy College.
2. Subject to paying the applicable fees, universities and other teaching organizations are NOT permitted to deliver the Online Course Service to their named students. Doing so will mean immediate legal action in any country you do so. We have a dedicated team of computer experts who track the use of our courses via the IP address and location. You will be prosecuted for broadcasting these courses without our permission.7. Interpretation
1. In these terms “Future of Energy College”, “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Future of Energy College.
2. If you have any queries please contact email@example.com
Use of Resources
We have provided some resources that may use to make calculations. If you act upon this data we hold no responsibility for your action in buying technology based upon them.